Understanding Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We utilize cookies and other similar tracking technologies, including web beacons and single-pixel gifs, on our Sites and within our marketing emails. These tools help us recognize both you and your device, and they store certain information about your preferences and past interactions.
For instance, we may monitor the frequency of your visits to our Sites, the specific pages you access, traffic data, location information, and the domain name of your internet service provider. This data assists us in creating user profiles. Some of this information is aggregated or presented in a statistical format, meaning it is not used to personally identify you.
It’s worth noting that you have the option to configure your browser settings to reject cookies, and instructions on how to remove cookies from your browser can be found below. However, please be aware that disabling cookies may result in certain features of our Sites not functioning correctly.
Purposes of Using Cookies
We employ cookies and similar tracking technologies for various purposes, including:
- Recognition: Cookies enable us to recognize you whenever you revisit our Sites, which expedites your access as you don’t need to log in each time.
- User Preferences: Cookies provide information about your preferences and how you use our Sites.
- Research and Analysis: We perform research and statistical analysis to enhance our content and services, gaining a better understanding of our users’ needs.
- Targeted Marketing: Cookies allow us to improve the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as those of our affiliates. This is achieved by delivering interest-based advertisements personalized to your interests.
- Enhanced User Experience: Cookies contribute to a more efficient and enjoyable online experience.
Types of Cookies
The cookies we place on your device are categorized as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential for you to navigate our Sites and access their features. Without these cookies, the features and services you request cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: Performance cookies collect information about how you use our Sites, such as the pages you visit most frequently. They do not collect personally identifiable information and all data gathered is aggregated and anonymous, solely used to enhance the functionality of our Sites.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow our Sites to remember the choices you make, such as your username, language preferences, recent actions, and search settings, offering enhanced and personalized features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies: Also known as advertising cookies, these are utilized to deliver more relevant advertisements tailored to your interests. They also control the frequency of ad displays on our Sites and help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Typically, these cookies are placed with our site operator’s consent and remember your site visits, sharing this information with organizations like advertisers.
Other Technologies Used in Email Marketing
In our direct marketing emails, we employ pixels or web beacons. These pixels track whether our emails were delivered and opened, monitor which links within the email were clicked, and keep tabs on the pages of our website that you visit. They also provide us with information like your IP address, browser, email client type, and similar details. We use this data to gauge the performance of our email campaigns and for analytical purposes.
Consent for Using Cookies
We will seek your permission (consent) before placing cookies or similar tracking technologies on your device, except when they are essential for providing a service you have requested. On our homepage, there is a notice explaining our cookie usage and requesting your consent before we place any non-essential cookies on your device.
How to Disable Cookies
If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline them. However, please be aware that disabling cookies may result in the loss of some of our Sites’ functionality.
Updates to this Cookies Notice
We may periodically update this Cookies Notice to reflect changes in the cookies we use, or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. The date at the bottom of this Cookies Notice indicates when it was last updated.